Milly's Dislike was a large colonial "unpatented certificate" land grant in what is now Aspen Hill, Maryland.
Milly's Dislike lay to the west of the Bradford's Rest tract.
The point of Beginning for this tract is the same place as the beginning of the "Bradford's Rest Diminished" just west of the westernmost point of the lot lines of houses on the west side of Dowlais Drive.
With the exception of a part of Rock Creek Manor subdivision, all of the developed portions of Aspen Hill lie to the east of Milly's Dislike. Yet most (if not all) of Milly's Dislike lies east of Rock Creek, with most of it having been left to return to forest by the MNCPPC as park of the Rock Creek Stream Valley Park. In particular, the high ground to the east of the trail, and west of Dowlais Drive, Crispin Terrace, and the western portion of Drake Drive, is Milly's Dislike.
1792 Resurvey of Milly's Dislike for Thomas Swearengin
1. Beginning for the outlines thereof at the original Beginning, it being at the end of 52 perches (858 feet) on the Eighth line of a tract of land known as Bradford's Rest, and running thence with the said land North 22.5 degrees West 70 perches (1155 feet)
2. North 13 degrees East 30 perches (495 feet)
3. North 45 degrees West 120 perches (1980 feet)
4. North 5 degrees West 248 perches (4092 feet)
5. North 20 degrees East 72 perches (1188 feet)
6. South 70 degrees East 80 perches (1320 feet) to the end of 238 perches (3927 feet) on the 3rd line of part of a tract of land called the Resurvey on Bachelors Forest formerly conveyed to Nicholas Baker, then
7. North 35 degrees East 238 perches (3927 feet)
8. North 51 degrees West 50 perches (825 feet) to the end of 30 perches (495 feet) on the 1st line of the original of Bachelors Forest then
9. South 35 degrees West 30 perches (495 feet) to the Beginning of said Land, then
10. South 67.5 degrees West 60 perches (990 feet)
11. North 68 degrees West 20 perches (330 feet)
12. North 20 degrees East 31 perches (511.5 feet)
13. North 81 degrees West 70 perches (1155 feet) to the Beginning Tree of a tract of Land called Boyd's Delay, then with said Land
14. North 78.75 degrees West 42 perches (693 feet)
15. South 56.25 degrees West 48 perches (792 feet)
16. South 26.5 degrees West 10 perches (165 feet) to the 5th line of a Tract of Land called Plain Dealing, then with said line reversed,
17. South 77 degrees East 15 perches (247 feet) to a Stone planted at the end of the 4th line of of said tract, and then Still with the same Land, reversed,
18. South 40 degrees West 89 perches (1468.5 feet) to a Stone planted at the end of the 3rd line of said Tract, then
19. North 81 degrees West 1 perch (16.5 feet) to the 19th line of the original, then with it
20. South 29 degrees West 34 perches (561 feet) to the end of said line. Still with the original,
21. South 18 degrees East 32 perches (528 feet)
22. South 69 degrees West 30 perches (495 feet)
23. South 28 degrees West 17 perches (280.5 feet) to the end of the 10th line of a Tract of Land called Mill Land then said land reversed,
24. South 45 degrees East 54 perches (891 feet)
25. South 10 degrees East 24 perches (396 feet)
26. South 20 degrees West 52 perches (858 feet)
27. South 40 perches (660 feet)
28. South 41 degrees East 20 perches (330 feet)
29. South 22 degrees East 45 perches (742.5 feet)
30. South 43 East 24 perches (396 feet)
31. South 50 degrees West 48 perches (792 feet) to the end of the 3rd line of part of a Tract of Land called the Resurvey on Saint Mary's now the property of Richard Allison then with said Land
32. South 26 degrees East 49 perches (808.5 feet)
33. South 37 degree West 60 perches (990 feet)
34. South 45 degrees East 18 perches (297 feet)
35. North 64 degrees East 49 perches (808.5 feet) to the end of 3rd line of a tract of land called Lost Hammer then with said Land reversed
36. North 53 degrees East 30 perches (495 feet)
37. South 45 degrees East 110 perches (1815 feet)
38. South 24 degrees East 80 perches (1320 feet) to the Beginning of said land called Lost Hammer, then with the given line of it reversed,
39. North 53 degrees East 30 perches (495 feet) to the end of the 13th and last line of said Tract and then with said line reversed,
40. South 35 degrees East 58 perches (957 feet), then
41. with a Straight Line to the first Beginning. (approximately North 53 degrees East 30 perches (495 feet)(--thardman))
Confined by lands as follows, Viz.;
The first seven lines by Bradford's Rest; thence to the 13th by the resurvey on Batchellor's Forest; the 13th by Danzick (sp?); to the 17th by Boyd's Delay; to the 20th by Plain Dealing; to the 24th by Beckwith's Second Lot; to the 32nd by Mill Land; to the 37th by the resurvey on Saint Mary's; to the 39th by Autra; then to the Beginning by Prevention.
Containing 587 acres "more or less". Resurveyed January 16, 1793 by Archibald Orme.